Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So, Easter

Easter's a great holiday. It really is. I mean, it's right at the beginning of spring, which I'm pretty sure is just about the best freakin' time of year. There's all this talk about renewal and life - especially among Christians, when we celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ. Besides, if you live in Utah, it's about the only time of year when you actually get to see the color "green."

But I've gotta be honest: I'm not too fond of Easter celebrations. I mean, I don't really get off on coloring eggs, I don't dress up extra nice for church, and I stopped believing in the Easter Bunny MONTHS ago. There are no gift exchanges (except for the "secret bunny" we did here in the office, but that's another story), no Easter carols, no costume parties... Really, I don't see too much of a reason to get all exci- *cough* *hack* *cough* *GASP* ACK!!!! u7y66uy7u7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y7y

What's happened here? Oh my goodness! Doctor, come quick!

Hmm, this looks bad. But I've seen this before... Nurse! I need an IV drip with that cream from the Cadbury Eggs, stat!

Yes, Doctor!

Good, good. The color's coming back to his face, breathing's normal... Ah, he's coming around.

Huh, wha... What happened?

You passed out there for a minute. Looks like you had a pretty serious candy deficiency. But you should be okay now.

Wow. I feel... so weak...

It'll take you a couple minutes to get your strength back. You need to leave that IV in for a while, then I want you to take at least two Starburst jellybeans every hour for the next day or two. You'll be fine.

Gee, thanks, Doc!

Well, I don't really have the energy for this anymore. So I'm gonna... take it easy for a while. Happy Easter, everyone.

Boy, am I winded!

1 comment:

Heather said...

A Cadbury cream IV drip?! That's not for you. It's for the mutilated chocolate bunnies out there, with missing limbs, discarded after someone decided they were low-grade and awful.

But at least you're okay now...