Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Daily Sketches - Greatest Hits


4.10.10 - I find I'm much more satisfied with my sketches when there's some type of "scene" being played out, so I really do try to create scenes more often than just draw people anymore. I'm pretty much rubbish at drawing furniture, but I suppose that'll come with practice.

(Although it might help if I actually had some furniture... hmmm...)


4.11.10 - I don't draw old people nearly as much as I should... and it's kinda satisfying to try.

This is pretty much exactly what my fourth grade teacher looked like, by the way.


4.14.10 - I seem to be a bit obsessed with school scenes... I think this is my third one.

For the most part, this is a pretty terrible sketch. I don't like the way the people look at ALL, and the proportions are way off. And check out the pencilneck in the left corner!

Still, this is easily the most complex sketch I've done to date. For that reason, I call it a highlight.


4.16.10 - What do you mean, "What is this supposed to be?" It's a guy in a suit with no shoes kicking a troll doll in the face. Duh!


4.18.10 - I haven't quite figured out how to draw a face or head from this particular angle, so the girl in the chair is definitely NOT my favorite... but look at all the other stuff! I even drew her shoes NEXT to the chair where she's sitting.

The scenery is based loosely on my parents' basement, which is why you can see the window well just outside. (Collective exclamation: "Oh, THAT'S what that's supposed to be!")


4.19.10 - And this is just me baiting my sister-in-law into calling me a misogynist again.

No comments: