Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Bucket List

Last week I got a notice from work that I, as an employee of Intermountain Health Care, was eligible to purchase tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show at a discount price. I actually got pretty excited about the idea of going to see Cirque du Soleil - its just artsy and pretentious enough to make me feel like I'd be somehow getting better for having seen the show. Unfortunately, the discount was applicable to a show that would have started about an hour after I got the email, so actually GOING to the show was out of the question.

I decided to add "See Cirque du Soleil" to my "bucket list," but then I realized that I've never actually codified a "bucket list" of any kind. I'm not much of a goal person, but I've had a lot of success with my "Daily Sketches," so that attitude might be changing. I feel that the time has come for me to look at the "bucket list" and say, "Eh. What the heck."

So here it is:

STEPHEN BRADFORD'S BUCKET LIST

THINGS TO SEE
Cirque du Soleil (possibly The Beatles LOVE)
Les Miserables
Madame Butterfly
*Any of my favorite bands live

PLACES TO GO
The Grand Canyon
The Smithsonian
London, England
Boston

THINGS TO DO
*Publish a novel
*Publish a poetry collection
Publish a stage play
Publish a memoir
Publish a graphic novel/webcomic
*Run a marathon
Own a house
Start/join a book club

THINGS TO LEARN
*Slacklining
*Lettering (possibly calligraphy, too)

Everything marked with an asterisk is something that I plan on working on (not necessarily completing) THIS YEAR.

No, that Asterix. But you get the idea.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Les Miserables is coming to Salt Lake in 2011 - February, I believe. I wish I could tell you that Boston or the Grand Canyon was coming to Salt Lake as well, but alas...I cannot.