Monday, May 3, 2010

Daily Sketches - Greatest Hits


4.20.10 - I think this guy's equal parts disturbing and cute. I named him "Li'l Tormented."


4.21.10 - I can't say exactly why I've wanted to draw a tarot reader for so long, but I have. I finally got around to it.

There's a lot I don't like about this picture, but the hair is not one of those things. It's stylized - far from realistic - but I like it anyway.


4.25.10 - These are lumberjacks.

And that's okay.


4.27.10 - I guess I like a little bit of Belgian humor.


5.1.10 - I've decided I need to do a bit more research for my sketches, so I've taken to sketching from photos a bit more.

On the left, we've got Pat Benatar. I've found myself wanting to draw Pat Benatar a lot recently, and I'm not quite sure why.

On the right, we got one of the guitarists from Fall Out Boy. Really, I just wanted to draw the guitar. I bet you can probably tell that the photo cut the guy off at the knees.


5.2.10 - I'm making more "research sketches" so I do more sketches with props. That way, I'll be able to put out more sketches like the above.

Admittedly, this isn't a great picture. The chick's head is way too big, her hair's a bit strange, and I don't think I knew what I was doing when I drew the monitor.

But the guitar doesn't look too bad, does it?


5.3.10 - Another "research sketch" I think it looks pretty good... as long as you ignore how much the cello's neck curves.

No comments: