Monday, March 31, 2014

Cooking with Braddy: Spinach Artichoke Chicken


You know, if I'm going to keep doing this, maybe I should start taking some food photography classes, cuz my pics usually wind up looking kinda disgusting.

I haven't been cooking much recently, which, I think, has been a mistake.  I've been in kind of a sour mood altogether, due to probably a dozen different factors I don't think I could track down without a spreadsheet.  The act of creation, though, always manages to make me feel better, and cooking is one of the best creative acts I can manage at this point.

Found another recipe on Pinterest a couple of months ago that I really wanted to try.  I've never gotten anything with artichoke hearts outside of a restaurant, and I thought it'd be fun to try at home.  For once, I actually halved the recipe (the original serves 8), so I wound up with a manageable amount of food for leftovers.

The real draw for this dish is, of course, the sauce - cheese, spinach, and artichoke hearts.  It's... it's not bad, but it feels very fragmented, like the different flavors (all delicious) aren't really blended quite right.  I have some sort of resistance to using frozen spinach in my cooking.  I wonder if the added moisture from the frozen spinach would have helped...

Eh, I'm nitpicking.  The recipe was a success, and the chicken's really good.  Plus, artichokes.  Artichokes are delicious.

No comments: