Saturday, December 19, 2009

Evolve or Die

You may have noticed that most of the sketches I've posted so far have been of faces. I'll admit that's where I've focused most of my attention. It's also the subject on which I've done the most reading. The truth is, I'm kind of embarassed to try to move on to some of the other areas of the body.

For example, I caught myself the other day looking down the row of people sitting in church and thought to myself, "Hm, I kinda want to draw that girl's legs."

Of course, right after, I thought, "I can't be staring at that girl's legs! I'm in church!"

To avoid the awkwardness of ogling others (well, more overtly) during church, I decided to instead borrow a book on figure drawing from my buddy Aldo, a pretty darn good artist in his own right. Of course, the book contains pictures of full-frontal female nudity...

I think there's a disconnect in the tracks of my logic train...

Anyway, more sketches coming up soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Get thee a wife! Get thee a wife!!!

S.R. Braddy said...

Why? So I can more openly ogle someone?