Monday, December 28, 2009

It's a Christmas Miracle


So, yeah… Christmas. It was pretty good. Spent quality time with the family, hung out with some friends, did a bit of service, read “A Christmas Carol”… and, of course got some good gifts.

The big news (well, as far as I’m concerned) is that I got a lot of writing done. I mean, A LOT. I went back and revisited some old poems I haven’t TOUCHED in two years… and I got started on a new prose project that’s got me pretty excited.

Bottom line, though, is that I need a bit of help. I’m getting ready to start submitting poetry to be published again, which means I’d like a few volunteers to read and give me some feedback. And this, gentle reader, is where you come in.

If you’d like to help, I’ll send you a poem or two. Any feedback you can give will be greatly appreciated. I usually just ask that you answer a few questions for me:

1 – Did you like it? Why or why not?
2 – What was your favorite part or line of the poem? Why?
3 – Which parts of the poem didn’t work for you or were confusing? And, of course, why?

I thought I’d post the titles of the poems I’m considering submitting. If any of them catch your fancy, you can let me know, and I’ll send that one specifically to you. So the poems are:

1 – Captain America
2 – Showers
3 – Soap Bubbles
4 – A Poem on my Dog, Wilbur, Who Died when I was Eleven
5 – Curve
6 – Summer Day
7 – The Calculator Man
8 – Getting to Know You
9 – Sometimes
10 – Schrödinger’s Poem

As a bonus, I’m also offering to let people read the first little vignette from Angel of Mercy, the next big prose piece I’m working on. I’m pretty excited about it. It’s like Touched by an Angel, except that all the angels are complete $#@%s. It’s not an urgent read, though, so I don’t really NEED people to help with it… but I am kind of curious if people like it.

Anyway, I’d love for any of you to help… even you. Yeah, you. No, don’t be modest. I really value your opinion. No, I’m NOT just being nice, I mean it. Thanks in advance.

4 comments:

heidikins said...

Send me something--you're choice (although I am quite intrigued by the title "A Poem on my Dog..."

xox
(heidikinsblog at gmail dot com)

Heather said...

Hmm. I am curious about your Angel of Mercy thing. Send me that. And I like the poem titles that are just one word. Send me one, or two, or all of those.

Garret said...

"Curve"

K.A.R. said...

i'll read whatever you want me to i've done it a few times i find it interesting and it's made me hate you less.