Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Facts of Life: Peanuts on Manliness


Not too long ago, I had a conversation with a friend about whether she should ask a particular guy out. Now, normally, I'm all for women asking guys out (especially since I don't date much UNLESS I get asked out), but my friend really wanted this dude to ask her out first. So I finally just encouraged her to let him come to her and ask HER out.

In my experience, men are a bit more satisfied in relationships when they feel like they've had to WORK a bit to "win" her. We don't like it when women make themselves TOO available to our advances - we prefer to take the lead. I know quite a few guys who get a bit spooked if a girl comes on too strongly but spend a lot of energy chasing someone only mildly interested. As my good friend Darian says, "Sorry, Jasmine, but you ARE a prize to be won."

The whole idea of a caveman trudging over to his cavelady's hole, clubbing her over the head, and dragging her back to his chateau seems to hold a bit of truth to it. So, ladies, it might not be a bad idea to hold back a bit on your enthusiasm when you're interested romantically in someone.

Unless, of course, you wanted to ask me out at some point. I don't think I'd mind.

Anyone?

Good grief.

1 comment:

Adrianna said...

And THIS is why I'm giving up on dating for awhile. Ugh. Double ugh.