Thursday, June 17, 2010

Giant Sized Daily Sketch



6.14.10-6.16.10 - Most of what you see above is just background noise - quick sketches I completed just to say that I did a sketch that day. And yet, I think these are some of the best people I've ever drawn freehand.

I'm especially proud of the little hipster guy with the sun glasses. I went and saw the Karate Kid the other day at the drive-in for a friend's birthday, thinking that I'd somehow get my sketch for that day done AT the theater. Pretty silly, I know. Anyway, after I got home at midnight, I decided to just throw something down on paper quickly before going to bed. Ten minutes, tops. And I drew about the coolest thing I've ever done. I'm pretty pleased.

You may have noticed that I draw a lot of different musician types - including dancers. Well, I kinda like the idea of doing a comic (eventually) about rockstars, so I spend a lot of time drawing them. Unfortunately, I think I may be a bit late, as the best comic focusing on rock stars may already have been made.

No comments: