Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Giant Sized Daily Sketches


5.25.10-5.28.10 - Now, the guy behind the desk and the guy with the guitar are supposed to be the same guy... but I don't think that comes across very well.

I didn't actually reference a picture while drawing the drummer. I think that shows.

"The Hollow Men" is one of the few poems by T.S. Eliot that I actually LIKE, and is the most woefully under-used band name ever. Well, I guess there IS a band called The Hollow Men, but I don't know that I care.

I'm coming back to this idea some day. Just so you know.



5.30.10-6.1.10 - So I kinda love the people on the bench. They're not the most realistic-looking couple, but I love the emotions I caught. Dude's real excited about whatever his story is, and the girl's lovin' it.

Oh, and the dude in the foreground has a sweet hat.


6.2.10-6.4.10 - So this scene's based on an improv scene I performed with Manelle and Jake. The whole point of the scene was to create a scenario where a person had to be in an enclosed space for a little while.

Here's the story we came up with: An alien visits a little boy. The boy's SUPPOSED to be packing for a trip, but he gets distracted by the alien. The boy's dad comes in, so the boy hides his new alien friend in his toy chest. The dad gets angry at the boy and slaps him. The alien pops out of the toy chest, turns the dad into a panda, and they all go to Disneyland. The end.

No comments: