Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Special Delivery


I ain't even got a funny caption for this one...  I just drewed it!

So I've been trying to get a lot more writing done, and currently I'm working on two different stories which, deep down, I know would be better as graphic novels.  Now, I'm going to keep writing and see how I feel with the finished product, but JUST IN CASE, I'm going to try my hand at sketching up a few scenes as I go.

This picture was actually inspired by a technique I've seen used by Stan Sakai of Usagi Yojimbo fame.  If I do decide to dive in and draw a graphic novel, then I plan on studying Mr. Sakai very closely, as he's probably among my favorite comics artists of ever.  Sakai will sometimes shade in objects in the foreground, creating two different "depth" levels in his pictures.  This is my first real attempt at aping that technique.

No comments: