Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Taller and Taller

So my plants aren't dead yet:


In fact, they seem to be doing pretty okay. I've noticed they've started curving off in the direction of the window, getting as much of that morning sun as they can. I worry - are they getting enough sun? Am I a negligent daddy.

No new work on the garden wall this week, but I did get some pruning done on my apple tree. Also started spraying it with those weird... spray... thingies you're told to use.


Above: artist's approximation of a dude with a sprayer thingie.

The pruning itself is kind of difficult. I don't think anyone's ever really cared for this tree, and so there are just branches and branches and branches. The bark's pretty flaky, almost papery, in some places. Oh, yeah, and my tree's got some really weird fruit growing in it.

I'll keep at it, but I expect that the tree might need some long-term caring before it stops looking like it's been horribly abused by some Captain Planet villain.

No comments: