Monday, November 25, 2013

Thoughts on an Autumn Morning

Of all the houses I looked at in the home-buying process, the one I chose own me over in part because of the apple tree growing in the backyard. Now, I don't know anything about how to take care of a tree like this, but I'm excited to learn.

The first thing I've learned about the tree is that it gives out a lot of stuff... especially leaves.


So Satuday morning, I found myself outside, raking leaves for the first time since I moved into the house. Now, maybe it's just my negligence, but there were a LOT of leaves. Luckily, I happen to really like raking: it's a chore that requires just enough physical exertion to engage the body, but not so much that it overwhelms the brain's ability to think. I found myself asking a lot of questions as I worked, like:


Why are there electrical wires growing out of my apple tree?

And...


What the heck is that thing?


Oh, it's a shovel. Why is there a shovel in my apple tree?

But the biggest question I had to ask myself was...


Just how in the heck am I supposed to fit all these leaves into one yard waste bin?

1 comment:

miss kristen said...

Trash bags and do a local pick up. They usually have one at a park.
On the up side: Hey! New shovel!