Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Sky Full of Heroes


Man, this one took a lot of work.

I've never been more convinced that a ruler is super important in drawing. A lot of the hatching on the buildings would have turned out a bit better than it did. Oh, and there's NO WAY I could have done that perspective on the buildings without a little straight edge assistance.

The perspective was the point here - I've never been too dedicated to perspective drawing. I WAS watching a lot of Superman cartoons when I started this sketch, though, so that probably had SOME influence on the final product.

1 comment:

heidikins said...

I remember learning how to draw perspective for the first time, and I remember being shocked and amazed that suddenly my buildings and boxes and whatevers looked so REAL and life-like. I was floored. It was AWESOME! :)

xox