Monday, April 9, 2012

Artistic Overload

I've been pretty busy recently - a lot more so than usual. I haven't really discussed everything that's been going on, so I'll give a brief update here:
  • I'm still executive director of The Jesters Royale. Due to a recent drop-off in personnel, we're only doing one show a weekend, which SHOULD mean that I have tons more free time, right? Well..
  • I've got my resolutions I have to keep up on still, including a half hour of writing on my novel daily (18 chapters into the second draft!) and a daily sketch. Additionally, I've got a really strong desire to start on a SECOND novel and a one-act play, so any free time I have should go to those projects. Except...
  • I don't have any free time to even dedicate to extra writing. I've been drafted into The Empress Theatre's production of Blithe Spirit. It's going to be an incredible show... but we only have one month of rehearsal time, so I have to memorize the entire 86-page script by next week. Tuesday, to be precise. So no spare time there.
  • And, even if I DID have spare time, I've also just been made the choir director for my church group. We haven't had a choir before, so I'm starting that from the ground up.

    Did I mention that I don't actually direct music?
It's a pretty exciting time to be me. I have to be excited, because, if I'm not excited, I might just have to kill myself.

Anybody interested in the artistic exploits of S.R. Braddy is going to have a lot to look forward to in coming months.

2 comments:

miss kristen said...

Oh Stephen. I feel your pain. Only not as intensely as I only have Blithe Spirit to worry about...

Rest assured I'm worried plenty there...

Gingerstar.kw said...

YEA! You're in Blithe Spirit too! I'm definately going to have to come now!