Thursday, April 12, 2012

Let Me Tell You About Aldo, The Rockstar


I have the best friends. Anyone tells you different, and they're lying. And jealous. Yes, they're definitely jealous.

My buddy Aldo works for Night Flight Comics, and they played host a couple weeks ago to a Mr. Mike Mignola, who was in town for Horrorcon or some such convention. Now, I've never really been a convention goer, and with the rehearsal schedule for Blithe Spirit I wouldn't have been able to attend anyway. So Aldo was good enough to ask if I wanted anything autographed by Mike Mignola. I thought that was nice and gave Aldo my copy of The Amazing Screw-On Head to have signed. So now I've got this signature, right before my favorite story in the book, "The Magician and the Snake."


That's cool, in and of itself. But Aldo went a step further and also picked up this book, which features some writing from Mignola and great work by Jill Thompson, one of my favorite artists:


Oh, and he got Mignola to sign this thing, too:


(He also gave me the mask up at the top of the post, which is kinda awesome, too.)

So yeah, Aldo's pretty awesome. Any ladies who happen to encounter him on the street should give him a hug. Trust me, he deserves it.


Thanks, Aldo. Stay fly!

3 comments:

miss kristen said...

I can attest that you pretty much made his month Aldo!!

Gingerstar.kw said...

If Aldo were a woman, I'd say he definitely has a HUGE crush on you.

Justina said...

Aww man Keri, you state the obvious and that's why I love you. :)