Thursday, November 15, 2012

One Day


...I'll figure out how to get down from this ledge!

Since I've been thinking so much about lighting (and not, you know, actually PRACTICING shading or anything like that), I thought I'd try to draw something that required a bit of practice with lighting. A sunset seemed to be the best place to start.

Shading's a bit difficult to do when your only tool is to draw a line, but I gave it a go anyway. Not to toot my own horn, but... I think I made that water look pretty good.

Aaaaand with that, I just invited someone to comment, "That's supposed to be WATER?!"

If I were to go back and do this one again (which, actually, would be the THIRD time attempting this scene), I'd leave out the thicker lines in the water. They're a bit more distracting, and I think the thinner lines do a better job of portraying the light on the water by themselves.

No comments: