Friday, January 11, 2013

Poem of the Week

Early To Bed
By Mary Mapes Dodge

Early to bed and early to rise:
If that would make me wealthy and wise
I’d rise at daybreak, cold or hot,
And go back to bed at once. Why not?

***

I'll admit that I've been having a lot more fun with the iPad than maybe I should be. I do most of my drawing, writing, blogging, and reading on the device. I've even taken to watching numerous episodes of My Little Pony Titans of Testosterone with my spare time. Now, I can even cede most of the legwork for my "Poem of the Week" feature to the iPad.

There's a neat little app put out by The Poetry Foundation simply called "POETRY." It has a randomizer function that brings up, not individual poems, but a random SUBJECT of poetry. I've been using it quite a bit recently, and I'm finding a lot of fun poetry. For example, the verse above seems a little silly (and it is), but go read the bio on poet Mary Mapes Dodge and you'll find she kept some pretty prestigious company.

See? Education!


No comments: