Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Confessions - Superstitions

The following confessions are 100% true.



1 - I consider it to be bad luck to look at a digital clock at 11:34. Remember playing with old digital calculators in elementary school? You input a few numbers, turn them upside-down, and then you spell a word? I think I always felt guilty for spelling "hell," so now I'm conflicted every morning and night.

2 - What I hear on the radio in my car while driving to any public event foreshadows how much I'll enjoy/dislike that event. If I hear good music on my way over, I'll have a good time. If I don't, it'll be a wash.

This holds especially true for any performance I happen to be involved in. If, for example, on my way to an improv show, I spend the entire trip flipping between radio stations, I have a bad show that night. If, on the other hand, I hear anything by the Foo Fighters, I know the show will rock the ultimate.

3 - If you ask me whether or not I believe in telepathy, I'll say no. However, if you actually COULD read my mind, I think you'd be surprised at how often I think to myself, "Crap! I hope this person can't read my mind right now!"

No comments: