Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Daily Sketches: Greatest Hits

Starting 3.14 (Pi Day), I've decided to post just the best of the sketches I do, and not every single one. I think it'll make me look a whole lot better - and isn't that really the goal?


3.14.10 - This is the best-looking female sketch I think I've done to date. The proportions seem to in order, the action pose is more or less genuine... I'm pretty pleased.

I got lazy, though, and decided not to finish drawing the monkey bars (for those of you that were wondering what she's doing).


3.16.10 - This character is roughly based on River from Firefly - I guess in spirit more than in actual physical resemblance. Truth be told, I didn't really think Firefly was all that great (more on that later. Or not. Haven't decided yet).


3.18.10 - If it looks like I'm drawing more women than usual... it's because I am. I decided I needed to get more comfortable with drawing women, so I'm indulging in a bit of immersion therapy.

Not that I'm immersed in women, mind. That'd be weird, and highly uncomfortable for everyone involved.

Anyway, saw this on the cover of a Nordstrom's catalog, so... here we are.


3.22.10 - This guy looked different in my head, but I think he turned out even more awesome on paper!

I named him "Geppetto," because, in my mind, this is what Geppetto looks like.

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

We liked Firefly. It wasn't perfect, but most shows don't reach their potential until 2nd or 3rd seasons. This one wasn't even given the chance...we love it.

Totally not what you wanted in a comment, I'm sure....but there ya go.