Thursday, March 4, 2010

Daily Sketches


2.28.10 - I haven't done much beard drawing. I find I kinda like it.

That's really about the only good thing about this particular sketch. I think I forgot that people have shoulders. Plus, his hands are WAY too small.


3.1.10 - I'm gonna say I like this sketch. The woman looks mostly feminine to me.

I think I accidentally drew three legs. I mean, I drew two (and they're both visible), but if you look at the shape of her dress, her left side continues down as if she's still got a leg tucked in there somewhere.


3.2.10 - The Friday before I drew this, I went out to dinner at Tucci's (which, for those of you that don't know, is a delicious and very expensive Italian restaurant). The guy who waited on us was Papa Tucci himself. He looked something like this.

Most people, when they get a waiter they like, tip well. I remember what they look like and draw them a few days later.


3.3.10 - I actually kinda like this sketch, too, despite the fact that I think this girl's head makes her look like a duck.

I don't think I've quite mastered drawing hips from the three-quarter view. She looks kinda mannish from the waist down.

And I drew a heavy winter coat on her simply so I wouldn't have to draw her boobs. In case you were curious.


3.4.10 - Drew this guy in maybe fifteen minutes - which sounds like a long time, but I don't care, cuz I had fun.

I based him (kinda sorta in my head) on pictures of Jim Carrey from that new Christmas Carol movie I never saw. I think I should have hollowed his chest out some more. Still, like I said, I had a good time drawing him, so I won't get too picky.

No comments: