Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daily Sketches


3.5.10 - What can I say good about this picture... Well, the lines are nice.

This was a cop out. I'm trying to draw more women, but I got lazy with this one.


3.6.10 - This is my first attempt at drawing a child. Children have bigger heads that I gave this guy, though, so it's not quite right. A success, all in all, though.


3.7.10 - Seriously, I have trouble drawing women. This is kinda ridiculous.

Well, it's not ALL bad. I'm pretty happy with the way the girl's arms turned out. But her feet look ridiculous (she's supposed to be wearing boots), and I finally just gave up on drawing a bust.


3.8.10 - My friends suggested I try drawing more women from advertisements and magazines, so I gave it a shot. It was... educational.

I think what I learned most was that the bust isn't really something to stress over drawing. It seems that it's mostly implied by shape, not so much clearly defined by lines. Which might make it a lot easier for me.

Also, I learned that modelling photographers are amazing with Photoshop. I drew pretty much the only model who's ribcage was NOT distorted to make her boobs look bigger.


3.9.10 - Drew this one on the quick. I like it, all in all... except that's not a bad scan. I really DID draw her on a diagonal angle somehow.


3.10.10 - While this guy's right arm is WAY too big, I love pretty much everything else about this picture. I've always been kinda fascinated with the shape of the jaw and chin from below, so I'm glad I got to capture that shape here - even if it does make the guy look like he's wearing a mask.

Also, I think I finally captured a real human emotion here - wonder - and I'm gonna try to do more of that in the future.


3.11.10 - Glen reads all about it.


3.12.10 - I set out to draw another woman - kind of in repose, with her cheek against her knee. After I started drawing the shapes, I realized that wouldn't work, so I had her tuck her head between her legs and... POW. The picture told a different story.

The girl's feet are a little weird, but I'm proud of the socks I drew.


3.13.10 - Drew this one on the quick, too - took me about five minutes. I wish I had spent a bit more time on the face itself, but the rest of it looks pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

No comments: