Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What the Devil...?

As much as I love comic books, I don't care a whole lot for the X-Men. This isn't a universal dislike - I grew up on the X-Men animated series theme song, and the second X-Men movie is about the best comic book movie out there. Still, anything involving the X-Men nowadays just doesn't catch my attention. Not sure why.

(Actually, I know EXACTLY why, but that's a post for another time - if I decide I care)

So, yeah, they're making another X-Men movie. Here's a picture:


Well, okay, I doubt that this is actually an official photograph (it couldn't scream Photoshop anymore if it had lips), but the actors' pictures I think are pretty accurate.

Now, these teaser images (the legit ones, at any rate) are supposed to drum up excitement for the upcoming movie, pique curiousity, get the potential audience to ask questions.

So I have a question: Who the crap is this?


Apparently, this is a character named Azazel. I've never heard of him before - and I thought I had all of the X-Men collector's cards. Guess I missed a few.

Apparently, this guy's Nightcrawler's father(?). Also, he's a demon or something. Here's the summary from Wikipedia:

"Azazel claims that many years ago an ancient horde of demonic mutants from biblical times called the Neyaphem were in an epic battle with a group of angelic over-zealous mutants, named the Cheyarafim. They were victorious in the battle and vanquished the "evil" mutants to an alternate dimension for all eternity. The Neyaphem's leader, Azazel, was the only one who was able to breach the dimensional void for brief periods of time due to his teleportation powers. His only hope to return to earth was by impregnating women because his children are linked to his dimension."

So, yeah, the next X-Men movie will feature a guy who may or may not be the devil who ran around and impregnated as many women as he could?

Get me a ticket for the midnight show!

3 comments:

Heather said...

What the devil, indeed. I wanted to see an origin story about Magneto. Yeah, I only own X2 of those movies. It's pretty good.

Psychoticmilkman said...

Two terrible new Comic book movies.
Two awefull ideas to continue movie franchises.
The Young Spiderman Reboot and whatever they're calling this other X-Men Origin movie.

However...due to recent developments( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1940449/ ) I'm more excited to see Spiderman than X-Men

Anonymous said...

I would just like to tell you, if you haven't seen the movie yet, that it is the the most wicked movie of the X-Men series!