Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TGI...M?


Monday nights are among my new favorite things... go figure.

Last night is what you might call "productive."

1 - I read the script for A Streetcar Named Desire. The whole thing.

(By the way, I saw A Streetcar Named Desire when I was in junior high. I must not have known much about... well, anything, because I had absolutely no recollection of all of the pedophilia, bigotry, and rape goin' on there. Good family read)

2 - Our ward did a "speed friending" activity last night. It's like "speed dating" but with half the level of commitment.

3 - In addition to everything else I've been reading, I've been trying to work my way through the complete Sherlock Holmes library. Got another two chapters read last night, as well.

And here's the big one:

4 - I pretty much finished two chapters in my novel. Now, I pulled a lot of material from my first draft, so it's not all 100% new material. But, that said, I wrote 536 new words (double my daily goal) and now have two full, complete chapters (I still have a couple of paragraphs to go in chapter 3, but I should be able to finish that tonight).

So, yeah... I'm awesome.

No comments: