Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Resolution Check - One Month Later


In an effort to create some semblance of accountability, I'm doing a quick check-up on the goals I posted here at the beginning of the year. Here's how I'm doing so far:
  • 30 Minutes of Writing Per Day - So far, so good.

  • One Quick Sketch Per Weekday - I've phoned it in a couple of days, but I've been doing pretty well here.

  • One Drawn "Scene" Per Week - I, um, actually forgot about this goal. I've got, like, one and a half "scenes." But I've been doing some pretty good sketches, so I'll call it good.

  • 6 Books Read By Year's End From This List - One down, five to go.

  • 12 Books Read Total - I'm joining a book club, so I'll be able to hit the twelve-book mark pretty easily.

  • Watch 6 Movies From This List - Nothing yet, but this averages out to one movie every other month. I'm not worried yet.

  • Eliminate the Word "Um" from My Spoken Vocabulary - Okay... this one has been really HARD. Need to do better.
So I've got some work to do, obviously, but the month of January was really promising. Here's hoping the rest of 2012 goes as well!

2 comments:

Larissa said...

You will be happy to know I have these movies from your list:
Citizen Kane
The Graduate
The Maltese Falcon
Rear Window
Vertigo
A Night at the Opera
The Wizard of Oz

Amy said...

I just want you to know that 2 days ago I wrote a blog post on this very subject and it is scheduled to post in the next couple of days. So I am not copying your post, although you might look at that as a form of flattery, its not. We just both had a great idea and you know what they say about great minds...:)
P.S. you are rocking your resolutions!