Friday, August 23, 2013

Not Falling Anymore


Man, I've been drawing a whole lot lately. I've started to get that stagnating feeling again when it comes to my artwork, so I've been kicking up the effort to get a lot more done. Plus, it keeps me off the streets. Drawing is my anti-drug.

I've also been drawing a lot of cutesy girls rescuing guys lately. I showed this picture to a friend, and she asked if I wanted someone to come and save me. Not sure what to make of that... but the answer is probably "yes."

BONUS PICTURE:


One of the ways I've been trying to break out of the stagnating slump is by experimenting with hatching and cross hatching a lot more, an experiment necessitated by the death of all my broad-tipped black markers. Shading in all those dark areas is TOUGH without a big fat marker. Hatching is... actually a lot more work, but the result's usually pretty good.

No comments: