Friday, August 2, 2013

Project 29: Come Away, Child

Come away, child. Oh child, come away.
The moon, she shines silver. The clouds are all gray.
The birds are all flying,
The wind is a-sighing,
And mother's a-crying.
Oh come, come away.

Come with me, child. Lay your head down.
The lights are all fading, all over the town.
The sheep are now sleeping,
The night crickets creeping,
And father's a-weeping.
Lay your head down.

Close your eyes, child. Oh child, come away.
The preachers are praying, with nothing to say.
The church bells are ringing,
The angels a-singing,
To heaven we're winging.
Oh child, come away.



I almost don't want to tell you where the idea for this poem came from...

In my head, this is a song lyric. The tune is some kind of blend between the melody in the link above and "Once Upon a December" from
Anastasia.

More experimentation with linework here. I don't know how I ever thought I could draw wood without the rough hatching, like what I do on the crib.

No comments: