Monday, August 19, 2013

Project 32: One Day the Devil Gon' Come (THE LOST PROJECT)


This is going to go down in history as the lost story of S.R. Braddy. See, I almost didn't write the story at all. I actually thought the picture was plenty strong on its own, but after I wrote the caption, I just had all these similar ideas and phrases pop into my head, so I had to keep writing them. Eventually, it evolved into this killer noir-sort of story... and then I lost my iPad with the only draft of the story in existence. I COULD re-write it... but I don't want to. I have to replace the OTHER three drafts that I lost.

The sketch itself came about from an attempt to draw a slightly more realistic face than I usually do - one with lines, scars, and wrinkles. The finger shape was particularly important to me, for some reason. I had so much fun with this picture that I actually drew a "sequel image"... which I wound up posting first. Go figure.

No comments: