Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Giant Sized Daily Sketches

It's been a while since I've posted any of my sketches. A lot of that has to do with the tragic loss of my thumb drive... *sniff*

Anyway, so I've kept up with the daily sketches, and I thought I'd take a minute and share some.



7.4.10-7.6.10 - Here's one of my first attempts at comic-style storytelling. Not much to say... Hopefully it comes across.


8.7.10 - I took a great little vacation this past weekend up to my sister-in-law's cabin. Since I got to spend so much time relaxing, I had time to fill pretty much this whole page with some type of concert scene.

I've never really drawn fireworks before, so the pyrotechnics here look a bit... weird. Sorta like ultra-stylistic Christmas trees or something.

The singer was inspired by a kind of mental picture I have of David Bowie. Still, he looks a bit like Michael Jackson.

And, for those that are curious, the name of the band on the drum is "Shazam!"

2 comments:

Heather said...

But you got the idea. Can't have an awesome concert without pyrotechnics. I went to see my favorite band last week, and they had amazing fireworks and flames going off on cue. Wish David Bowie would have shown up...

D.A. Hunter said...

I LOVE that concert picture.