Friday, August 27, 2010

Maybe I Should Have Thought This Through...

Thought about making a Why I'm Still Single comic out of this, but the whole story's a bit too good for a single panel.

Anyway, I was working on my sketch while at rehearsals for Damn Yankees last night. Recently, I haven't been taking my sketches too seriously, so, as a result, most of them have been pretty sloppy. Well, last night, I decided to try to get a bit more authenticity. So I went and asked another castmate to model for me... sort of.

I walk up to her, help her get into the pose I was going for - head down and turned slightly to the side. I just needed to see how close the chin gets to the shoulder and how much of the neck is visible. So I looked her over as best I could, got a sense for how all the different edges of the image would line up.

It took about thirty seconds... which, if you've ever actually counted out thirty seconds in silence, takes a REALLY LONG TIME. Well, after that awkward silence, I let her know I was done by saying, "Good enough."

Trouble is, I don't think I told her exactly what I was doing.

Her take on events shows that she understood things a bit differently than I did. Yeah, um, I guess I could have been clearer.

Yeah, I suppose that she WAS "good enough" to look at for about thirty seconds, but not quite the same way SHE meant. Oh, and she's totally lovely, I should add.

(Larissa who explained it all slightly wrong was concerned with maintaining anonymity, but I figure I gave that up when I put my name on the internet)

4 comments:

Larissa said...

Did you know, if you play "Outburst" that "lovely" it one of the top 10 synonyms for "naked?" True story. I love the "he said/she said." Say, you ever hear of a ballplayer named Shifty McCoy?

S.R. Braddy said...

Wasn't he that kid that something something Mexico something four years ago?

Larissa said...

Oh?

S.R. Braddy said...

Did a thing. It was bad.