Saturday, August 28, 2010

I Bought Some Art

Just got back from the Magna Main Street Art Show... and that actually was about the best way I could have spent my morning.

I've mentioned my friend Manelle here before - pretty much the individual that inspired me to take up drawing all together. Well, she had a booth at the Art Show, and I actually bought some of her prints. I got this three piece series of little postcard sized prints, and, as you can see, they were totally worth it.

Best $18.00 I've spent in a while.

See, I've always been a big fan of art, but I feel like a bit of a poser in that I go to art shows (when occasion allows) but very rarely contribute anything back financially. But I'm a firm believer in supporting art that I enjoy with my wallet, so actually purchasing something I've enjoyed looking at felt really, really good.

Plus I get to look at the pictures at home now where I don't have the internet, which is awesome, like bacon covered in maple syrup made from LOVE.

1 comment:

Adrianna said...

I'm pretty sure the process of making bacon is not motivated by love. But I get your point. :)

And I agree. I love buying art that I love to look at.