Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brawls, Brides, Bloodshed, and... Teddy Bears?

MORE SKETCHES!!!


There's... not much of a story behind this one. Somebody at improv used the phrase "Fedora Fight" and I just got... inspired... or something.


I'm sure weddings are wonderful for the people getting married. For the rest of us... well, I know some people enjoy them. Me? Not so much.

The last reception I went to featured the above scene. For just a split second as the bride greeted all her guests, I swear I saw the groom roll his eyes and completely zone out. Which, to me, seems the more authentic wedding day experience.

I mean, seriously, after the wedding ceremony itself is over, does anyone REALLY want to hang out with the bride and groom THAT much?


Again, not much of a reason WHY I drew this picture... but there's a bit of a story that goes with it.

I was actually at a church activity when I started working on this scene, talking to some friends, when the conversation turned, as it does, back to dating. As soon as the conversation reached that point, I immediately buried my face back in my sketchbook and said, "No dating for me. I'ma just draw two guys stabbing each other."

I'm sure Freud would have a field day with that.


When given a blank page and two hours to draw on a Sunday afternoon, I couldn't think of anything better than a boy frolicking through the woods with a plastic bowl on his head and a giant, stuffed bear at his side.

And you say I'm not a gangster.

Believe it or not, this sketch actually ties in to my NaNoWriMo project from 2010. The boy's name is Mattie Burke. The bear... is unnamed as of yet, but I was thinking of calling him Ted D. Bear, because I'm tired and ice-cream deprived.

1 comment:

Psychoticmilkman said...

http://forums.audiworld.com/picture.php?albumid=126184&pictureid=195488