Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Terrible, Horrible, No Good


Yeah, we all feel this way sometimes, Alex.

I went to bed last night in a terrible mood. I don't really want to get into that today - I find random angsty ranting on the internet to be undignified (although my standards for what is "dignified" are a little different than most people's). Then, first thing this morning, I get into a fifteen-minute argument with an 80-year-old woman with dementia. Classy.

So, yeah, today hasn't been great so far. On the plus side, I have a lot to look forward to this evening, primarily a chance to actually GO HOME before driving out to Magna, giving me a chance to EAT SOMETHING today.

This may sound weird, but when I get really depressed, one of my favorite things to do is pour myself a bowl of cold cereal and read newspaper comics (when I don't have the newspaper, I make do with one of these). I guess it's a way of reminding myself of the security and happiness of childhood or whatever.

Now I'm just curious: What do you all do on YOUR crappy days?

6 comments:

miss kristen said...

You're coming out to Magna tonight!? Do I get to see you!? Hoorah!!

Depends on how bad of a mood I'm in, honestly. Usually a good vent session (to a live person; although I am guilty of the occasional blog rant.) to Scott is usually helpful.

Otherwise I cue up my go-to bad day music on the iPod and belt it out.

Or if I'm especially cantankerous I sequester myself in my apartment, veg, and watch gross amounts of mind numbing dribble. Although the occasional bowl of cereal is involved too. :)

heidikins said...

I buy shoes. (Today I've purchased 2 pair. I feel your cranky pain)

xox

Heather said...

Last night I made a "power mix" and went for a walk (determined strut) while listening to it, spent some tax return money, had a Jimmy John's sandwich, and a hot shower...while singing angry music. Then I put on lotion that made me smell like a bar of soap. I smelt very clean and felt refreshed of the week's frustrations by bed time.

Amy said...

Dignified...yeah me too....I eat and belt out my fav songs like miss Fox. Glad you get to eat today! Sad I can come to Jesters tonight. They bumped rehearsals to 2 times during the week. Hope to catch your lesson later. :-)

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

I hear ya... Today and last night have been rough. But actually having some time to do nothing, listen to nothing helps... Last night I washed dishes and cleaned my apartment, all without any other things going on; turned off the TV and the radio and the iTunes and the Podcasts... Complete silence, and it was golden. I am doing much better this afternoon, and I hope you are too!

Psychoticmilkman said...

I buy movies...On Amazon... you can find some retardedly amazing deals on Amazon.
Some days I curse the Amazon App on my iPod, with it's one-click shopping. And some days it's my best friend : )