Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Narrative Hygiene?

Have you ever had that dream where you're just getting ready to wrap up a semester, and then you realize you haven't been to math class since the semester BEGAN, so you KNOW you're going to fail? That's a favorite of mine.

(By the way, I haven't taken a math class of any kind since 2002, so these dreams REALLY scare me)

Last night's school dream, though, is about the best I've ever had. In addition to the usual insane math class, I had apparently enrolled in a class called "Hygiene of a Narrative - A Study of Peter Pan."

I WISH I could go back to school and take this class. It would be totally INSANE in the best way possible. I mean, what self-respecting, aspiring writer WOULDN'T want to learn about how to use the art of grooming to improve his stories?

And the fact that I'd be learning about narrative hygiene from THIS GUY:


Well, that's just sweet-tasting gravy, isn't it?

2 comments:

Larissa said...

What did you eat last night? What were you writing yesterday? Have you watched any cartoons lately? Did you notice you had obnoxious B.O.? Have you been fantasizing about not growing up? Have you been writing dirty stories?
I must know the root of this type of dream...
I simply dreamt that I was re-potting my roses and there was no soil in the original container - the roses had been surviving simply through having damp roots. But that is explainable - I've been battling with aphids lately. The saga. Maybe I'll blog about it.

Heather said...

I wanted to learn about narrative grooming :(