Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Caveat Emptor... NERD


I haven't really been a fan of the X-Men comics since I was a kid (and, even then, I really only watched the television show). However, with all the hype surrounding the new X-Men movie, I decided to go out and pick up some comics to see if I could find something to catch my fancy.

I grabbed the storyline written by one of my favorite writers, Grant Morrison (who I love so much for basically filling his stories with pure creative insanity). So I read through the arc, and... well, I got basically what I wanted. The story was full of high-concept villains, perfect twists on the mundane, and Morrison's signature fragmented storytelling.

The story's so fragmented, actually, that I nearly didn't notice that there are 30 pages missing from the book.

Good thing I kept the receipt.

No comments: