Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cooking with Braddy: Cheese Quesadillas with a Green Mole Sauce

Not pictured:  Sesame Seeds

It seems like every time I get a free evening with absolutely nothing planned, I feel an almost overwhelming impulse to try a new recipe. It's shaping up to be quite the expensive habit, as I almost always have to run to the store to get new spices and herbs. Sometimes, I have to go twice, like when I forgot to write down that I needed sesame seeds for this recipe from the Mighty Spice Cookbook.

My mother will tell you that I used to eat a TON of quesadillas - although I'm a little confused as to why you're actually talking to my mother right now. Anyway, I always wanted to try this recipe, as it looked to be pretty darn easy. Basically, you take everything pictured above except the tortillas and mozerella, add the one ingredient not pictured (sesame seeds), and mix it in a blender. Then you let it all simmer for a half hour, blend it again, and serve.


I actually felt pretty handy putting this recipe together, as I had food going on two different burners at once. It wound up being a lot of work for what basically amounts to a glorified appetizer - especially since the mole tended to spit a bit. Perhaps it was angry that I'd forgotten the sesame seeds.

Still, the end result, after minimal fuss, was pretty delicious.



Seriously, though, don't forget the sesame seeds.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I recommend finding the raw tortillas for your quesadillas. Or anything for that matter. I promise you you'll never go back to the pre packaged ones.

S.R. Braddy said...

Hilariously, I ran into a friend while shopping who recommended that I try the raw tortillas. Maybe I shoulda listened...

heidikins said...

I find all these cookery posts both hilarious, awesome, and endearing. Carry on, Mr. Bradford.

xox

Dashbo's no-brainer math for right-brained folk. said...

I have sesame seeds in my cupboard.