Monday, June 25, 2012

Cooking With Braddy: Kadahi Chicken


Trying to do a web search for this recipe was frustrating - the only result that ever came back was for "kadai chicken." I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.

Now, you may notice that there's no garlic in the picture above. I noticed it, too. The author of the Mighty Spice Cookbook must not have, though, because he lauds this recipe for the simple flavor the garlic adds.

The author's not the only one to make a mistake, though. I wound up chopping the onion, ginger, and chile all at the same time and dumping them into a bowl together, when the recipe CLEARLY states that the garlic is to be sauteed first, and the other ingredients added later.

Oh, well, obvious errors aside, the recipe's a good one.


I hadn't ever tried cooking with turmeric before, but I knew about the spice already. Turmeric is the yellow spice. It colors EVERYTHING yellow (including my fingers, for the record).

The resulting dish has a great curry flavor, and made more than enough for several people. I only had one person to share it with, which left me with a ton to eat over the next several days. In fact, I still have some at home, so I think I'll help myself to one more portion.

Right after I clean up the kitchen.


It may be time for me to invest in a wok or something. I've never heard of a wok boiling over.

2 comments:

heidikins said...

Yep, these posts still make me ridiculously happy.

xox

Angie Weight Hagerman said...

Ooohhh! That looks good! Could you send me the recipe?