Friday, December 14, 2012

Caroling, Caroling


I haven't mentioned much what I've been doing this Christmastime. A few months ago, a (foxy and fabulous) friend of mine who has been affiliated with the Heritage Singers at This Is The Place Heritage Park posted on Facebook that their group needed a bass. Well, since I happen to be a bass, I thought I'd give it a go.

So, yeah, I'm participating in the Candlelight Christmas celebrations at This Is The Place. Honestly, it's one of the best Christmas things I've done in forever.

Back in my high school choir days, the Christmas season was my favorite because of the ridiculous number of performances we had. During the month of December, my choir wound up singing at something like 30 different venues. I loved it, and honestly Christmas just hasn't felt the same since then.

Now I get to walk around and sing Christmas songs three days a week. I've learned some new songs (a rendition of "Deck the Halls" in 7/8 time), some old standards (a version of "I'll Be Home For Christmas" that my senior choir dedicated to the families of the 9/11 victims), and... um... "Up on the Housetop."

Oh, and as an added bonus, I get to dress like this:

Hint: I'm the one on the left.

Anyway, if you get a chance (especially if you have little ones), come check out Candlelight Christmas this year. If you come on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, you'll probably run into the dapper gentleman in the picture above (the one on the left). If you can only come Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday, come anyway. I hear the carolers those nights are both foxy and fabulous.

No comments: