Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daily Sketches


2.19.10 - One of the first women drawings I've ever done free-hand that I'm not totally horrified with.

A few experiments here: the hair, which turned out mostly well (although the girl's bangs almost make her look like she's wearing a ball cap) and the outfit. I find that the sketches I'm proudest of have more attention to the clothes being worn, so I tried to add more detail - layers, rolled-up sleeves, etc.

Also, this chick's got a HUGE head and really tiny arms.


2.20.10 - Dude with a crew cut and a wife beater. Oh, and more really tiny hands.


2.21.10 - Here's another woman sketch that I'm not horrified with. I don't like how the hair turned out, but I was working without a model.

My friend commented that I finally got the hips on the woman right - but I was actually trying to draw a big skirt.

I colored in a lot with my pencil, which caused a whole lot of smudging. Some of it was intentional. The overall effect - less than desirable. But, as an experiment, this sketch is awesome.


2.22.10 - Drew this guy while at a poetry slam. I tried to foreshorten the right arm some - and pretty much failed at it. And by the time I got around to drawing the face, I pretty much gave up.

I should have drawn the hoodie the guy was wearing, but I decided not to, for some reason. Hoodies are pretty fun to draw.

No comments: