Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Highs and Lows

Quick life update:

HIGHS

1. I got the opportunity to perform with the Jesters Royale this past weekend. Highlights: I got to play a slinky feminine lounge singer at a truck stop (“Come on, fellas. You know that I’m single. Come to the convenience store and buy me some Pringles”) and a skittish second-date shy Jonah the prophet (“It came to pass that I fled from the Lord, and I was swallowed by a great fish, wherein I could not get reception upon my Sprint wireless device”).

2. Drawing is awesome. That is all.

3. New Year’s goals are coming along pretty well. Haven’t missed a Daily Sketch™ yet. The writing’s coming along less successfully, but still pretty well. I’ve nearly finished two of the six books I’m to read by the end of the year.

4. I’ve been getting a lot of compliments about my voice recently – from patients at the psychiatry clinic to random eavesdroppers at church. Sincere, unsolicited compliments always feel nice.

LOWS

1. Last week, I had one of the worst days of my work life. Eight days later, and I’m STILL pissed off about it.

2. Spoke to a girl at FHE the other day. The activity: making construction paper masks for a masquerade ball. The conversation starter: “So, blue construction paper, huh?” The conversation ender:

…actually, that was it, too.

3. In the past few months, I’ve kissed more guys than girls. They’re all stage kisses, so none of them count in the grand romantic tally of life… but, for a heterosexual male, that’s still a bit of a downer.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You DO have a nice voice. I guess you could call me a random eavesdropper from church...but, I'd like to think we are better friends than just that about now.

And yeah, the blue construction paper line was a bit Ralph Wiggum, which can potentially be good or bad for starting conversations. Haha.