Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Daily Sketches


2.3.10 - I'm okay with how this guy turned out... from the shoulders up. I modeled a lot of this guy's build after the Hellboy comic character (hence the goggles on his forehead). In that respect, I got a lot of this down right.

From the waist down, things get problematic. I guess I forgot that guys have curves, just like girls do. Well, not JUST like girls...Moving on.


2.4.10 - A rough sketch, but I'm actually pretty pleased with it. I guess I SHOULD have drawn a chair that he's actually sitting on. Oh, well.

If I felt like getting into more detail, this guy would TOTALLY have a Hawaiian-print shirt.


2.5.10 - Scott Pilgrim. 23 years old.

Scott Pilgrim is actually a character from a comic series by Bryan Lee O'Malley. Not my favorite, but somehow INCREDIBLY memorable. O'Malley draws with a strong Japanese manga influence. I tried to Americanize the artwork a little bit in my take on the character, only to be told I draw with a pretty strong Manga influence, as well.

Oh, well. I still like this one!


2.6.10 - David watches from above...


2.7.10 - Drawing long hair on women, for some reason, intimidates me.
I feel at this point like I'm hitting a plateau with my free-style (un-modeled) figures. I need to find something to kick it up a notch, so I feel like I'm making progress again.


2.8.10 - Heh.

Based this picture on a promotional photo of myself taken for the Jesters Royale website. I decided to try to match the shadows on the photo as well as the lines. So I drew myself, but, for some reason, it looks like I'm in blackface.


2.9.10 - Ah, Nordstrom's! How I love your catalogues!

The main reason I picked this particular model to draw was for the fantastic design on the girl's dress. They actually got pretty complicated, and I only had an hour to draw on my lunch break, so I didn't really do the pattern justice.

No comments: