Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Daily Sketches


12.5.10-12.6.10 - Okay, kids are a LOT of fun to draw.

Kids in oversized top hats are even better.

There's only one thing that can top that...

EVIL kids in oversized top hats!


12.7.10-12.8.10 - You know, I just barely figured out what's wrong with this picture: I made the two people in the foreground MUCH smaller than the people in the background. Whoops.


12.13.10 - Another cranky old man. Almost as fun to draw as evil kids in oversized top hats.

And now for a Christmas miracle:


12.20.10 - COLOR!!!

My first real attempt at coloring one of my pictures taught me a lot about how to color. Specifically, I learned that there's a lot that I need to learn still:

1 - Mechanical pencils leave deep grooves in the paper that colored pencils don't fill in.
2 - "Peach" is no longer really an acceptable color choice for a person's skin.
3 - The texture of the color is almost as important as the color itself.

So, yeah, lots to learn still. But I have a color sketch now, which I'm pretty sure justifies me in throwing my hands up like a player.

No comments: