Monday, December 27, 2010

One Year Later...

So here we are - three days from the end of 2010, or, as I'm calling it, "The Year of the Daily Sketch." And, yeah, I've done it - I've completed one sketch per day for the last year. And, boy, what a difference it's made.

So let's start at the beginning: here's the first sketch I did in 2010:


Fantastic, no?

Well, it's one year later, and now I've got a sketch that looks like this:


Pretty marked improvement, if I do say so myself.

The above sketch took me about seven hours over two days to complete (if I hadn't been watching cartoons at the same time, I'd have gotten it done in about half the time). I obviously have a lot to learn about lines and coloring and not putting shirtless men in purple pants, but I've come a long way since last year.

No comments: