Wednesday, August 3, 2011

An Onslaught of Strange Dreams


In the past week, I've been having night after night of utterly BAFFLING dreams. Heck, just last night, I had three:
  • Someone broke into my apartment by tunnelling in through the kitchen wall and stole my Playstation. I wound up on my knees in the street and the rain, crying like Stanley Kowalski.
  • I attended a concert put on by David Bowie at the USU library, where the music legend performed the complete discography of... Prince. My improv buddies heckled his show for about a half hour and drove everyone else away. By the end of the show, I was the only one left in the audience. Bowie and I became best friends.
  • I had a brief, ill-fated romance with Lauren Graham... or maybe it was actually Lorelai Gilmore. Either way, it was weird - I'm uncomfortable with my own fantasies.


Even stranger to me, though, is a pair of dreams I had last week:
  • In the first dream, I was hanging out on the monkey bars with one of my old college roommates, who told me he was getting a divorce. I left the playground and ran into my oldest brother, who was ALSO getting a divorce. Finally, I wound up in my apartment, talking to my little brother about our OTHER brother, who was ALSO getting a divorce.
  • The second dream was about the most emotional unreal scenario I've ever envisioned. I was talking to my dad in his trophy room (side note: my dad does not actually hunt), trying to dissuade him from separating with my mother.
I don't know if these dreams MEAN anything, but they definitely indicate a fear of relationships far beyond my usual phobias. As always, I'm open to interpretations.

Except about that Lauren Graham thing. I mean, she's a pretty woman and all... but I don't want to know what that dream says about me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My older brother is kind of obsessed with her too, so...

Heather said...

Least you didn't dream about Rory.