Monday, August 1, 2011

More Monsters - Hunchbacks, Zombies, Gorgons, and Robots


I've had some fun drawing monsters in the past, so I decided to try with a different breed of beastie.

Never again. Medusae are TOUGH to doodle. Took for-bloody-ever.


"And ooouut there, living in the sun..."


Still more monster sketches... The leaping zombie in the back is my favorite.

I've been focusing a lot on these "big-headed" character models recently. It's been fun, but something about some of the hairstyles feels a bit off (in drawing hair on these guys, I treat the hair more like a helmet, or like the hair on a Lego figure). Then again, I've never been great at hair.

Also, there's a (not so subtle) hidden literature joke in this sketch. I like slipping those in sometimes.


I hadn't drawn my little robot buddy in a while. This time, conveniently, all the little chains in his arms were obscured, and, since I've changed his feet from those absurd little wheels into actual feet, this was about the easiest drawing ever to whip out.

No comments: