Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Can I NOT Call This "Monster Mash"


No, by the way, I can't... not... call it "Monster Mash."

I recently read the Marvel comics adaptation of The Wizard of Oz, wherein artist Skottie Young commented on the importance of using shapes in character design... which is why the Frankenstein guy has a cylindrical head.

Again, I did some experimenting with different kinds of shading, especially on the mummy guy's skin and on the moon in the background. I got so caught up in that... I forgot about adding table legs.

Whoops.


Here, we have just a fun little experiment in surreality. I wish I'd taken it a bit further with stretchier character designs. Still, I think it came out fine.

1 comment:

Dashbo's no-brainer math for right-brained folk. said...

I LIKE the character design in all of these but that strechy guy is my favorite!