Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cooking With Braddy: Pistachio and Cardamom Kulfi



One more from Mighty Spice and then I'll move on to something else. Promise.

This is actually my second attempt at the Pistachio and Cardamom Kulfi. I picked this dessert based solely on the picture, which looked delicious and a bit unusual for my rather narrow North American tastes.

My finished product... didn't look quite right:


Still, the most important thing about a dessert is the taste, right? Fortunately, this stuff's delicious. Cardamom is a peculiar spice, one I've never had the pleasure of experiencing before. It's strong and smells delicious, and it compliments the flavor of the pistachios quite well.

In the future, I think I'll try freezing this stuff in a mold with a popsicle stick. That'd make it a lot easier to eat. Also, I may need to invest in a pestle and mortar to REALLY get those cardamom seeds crushed up right.

No comments: