Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Braddy's Super Spoiler-Filled Iron Man 3 Blog Post

Sometimes it pays to have connections. I've got a buddy who's a film critic, and every now and again he's able to bring a friend to a pre-screening of an upcoming movie. And THAT'S how I go to see Iron Man 3 before it came out. Don't believe me? Look, I got a poster:


Fun fact: This poster is backwards.

Iron Man 3 gave me a TON to talk about, so y'all better hold on to your dairy products, because HERE. COME. THE SPOILERS!!!
  • Once upon a time, I predicted that there was no way Iron Man 3 could be any good, because they'd already used up all the good AC/DC songs. Well, the movie was still fantastic, but they really DID run into a bit of a musical problem, when "Big Balls" plays over the opening fight sequence.
  • Are we really going to get a Mickey Mouse cameo in all of the Marvel movies now? The Stan Lee stuff was silly enough.
  • Tony Stark keeps Agent Coulson's brain in a jar, and he spends almost the whole movie trying to find a way to put the brain inside one of his Iron Man suits.
  • Remember when "shawarma" was the big scene after the credits in The Avengers? Well, that wasn't as random as it looked... Turns out the Mandarin's entire motivation can be traced back to that scene. If you watch the scene again, you can actually see Ben Kingsley stick his head out from the kitchen in the restaurant. I can't believe we all missed it the first time around.
  • SOMEONE had to die in the third Iron Man movie. I expected it to be Jon Favreau's character, or, heck, even Don Cheadle. I got REALLY ticked when it looked like they were going to kill Pepper, but then Stark steps up, takes the bullet, and... dies?
  • Of course, Pepper holding her stomach at the funeral kinda gave me the impression that she was pregnant, and with all the genetic engineering stuff that goes on in the movie, I think it's entirely possible that we'll wind up with some kind of Teen Iron Man in future movies. Hey, it happened in the comics.

1 comment:

heidikins said...

I used to organize the advance screenings for press agents, it was awesome, and I always got to sit in the press box with a friend or two or four and see the newest release. I miss that sometimes.

xox