Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cooking with Braddy: Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Pesto Penne Pasta


I spent Easter Sunday at home by myself - which is no real surprise, since I haven't had a legitimate Easter celebration since my days of chocolate egg gathering. I may have still been in diapers. Ah, to be a teenager again...

Given a free Sunday afternoon, I like to spend some time on a new recipe. I found this one through Pinterst (as you do), and thought I'd give it a whirl. I had a pesto dish once when I was still in diapers, and I remember quite liking it.

Turns out pesto is WEIRD. The foundation of pesto is blended pine nuts... which isn't the first thing to come to mind when I'm making a SAUCE to top pasta with. From there, you add roasted red peppers and some olive oil. And, of course, a whole lot of basil. Gives the sauce a pretty strong flavor.


This dish was REALLY EASY. The most time-consuming step was boiling the water for the pasta. The dish was almost a little TOO strong for my taste... but I think I liked it, overall.

Bonus: It makes good leftovers. That's great, cuz I'll be eating it ALL WEEK.

No comments: