Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Sketches



1.16.10 - I don't get women. I mean, in an artistic sense. I have a lot of difficulty drawing women that don't look like men.

Well, here's an exception. This woman looks like a woman. Specifically, Tinkerbell, or that cheap knock-off fairy from Fern Gully with incredibly BUTCH shoulders.

I think the face is the only part here that looks good at all. I might have cut the head off just a bit, but I'ma call this one a success. A very broad-shouldered success.


1.17.10 - Went to a priesthood meeting on Sunday and couldn't get a seat in the chapel, so I decided to entertain myself by drawing the dude sitting across from me on the couch

I had a tough time with the guy's feet - mainly because he MOVED THEM while I was sketching them. So the proportion's a bit off, and the angles look screwy.

I think the part of this picture that makes me proudest is the couch. I mean, I drew a guy sitting on a couch. That's almost like a real scene.


1.18.10 - Here's another guy sitting. This one I (obviously) didn't use any models for. I'ma call it a success, even though it's problematic. For one thing, the guy's neck is WAY too long, and his arms just... don't look... RIGHT.

Still, I'm pretty bad at drawing anyone that's not standing ramrod straight with their face at a perfect 3/4 view (I have an easier time with the 3/4 view than the straight on or the profile, for some reason). So the fact that I completed this sketch, and in less than an hour, is definitely a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Mateo said...

Seriously, those are well done.